Friday, May 2, 2008

Inaugural Post


Welcome to my photoblog!

For those unfamiliar with the idea, this is a blog that revolves around my photos and things to do with photography.

So its May first, could it finally be spring here in Calgary? There are signs of it everywhere, below is a picture I took while on a lunchtime walk. I find it helpful to take my camera everywhere, and I take the time during my lunch breaks or walking to and from work to look for photo opportunities. This one for me has a nice warm feeling, I came upon it when as I was walking I realized the light around me was diffuse. Looking up I could see a wonderful sight of the Sun reflecting off of one of the Bankers Hall towers, setting the WB down a few notches and making sure I was shooting at 400 ISO I scanned the scene walked around a few steps to line it up and snapped off a 3 bracket exposure set of shots. I only did a little post work in Photoshop to bring out more detail in the windows and bring out the blue colour in the sky.

My next post (hopefully following a bi-weekly format) will be about gear and bags I use.

1 comment:

Farya Pirbazari said...

That's great, fellow Canadian!